Learning & Leadership
Melbourne Grammar School is committed to being one of the world's leading teaching and learning institutions by offering young students the finest education. This vision acts as a guiding light in all areas of the School's operations, underpinning our behaviours, plans, programmes and monitoring procedures.
Our purpose is to enable students to look beyond what they think is possible to achieve the unimaginable.
Our vision is to create an innovative, multi-faceted, dynamic and technology-rich learning environment that provides every student with a range of opportunities for success, self-discovery and leadership, making Melbourne Grammar the best school in Australia.
This demands that the School hold a vision concerned with the development of the 'whole person' - intellectually, physically, emotionally, psychologically, socially and spiritually - affirming and valuing students as individuals capable of making valuable contributions to society, while emphasising the dignity of each individual and promoting respect for others.
We 'value' DISCOVERY supported by:
- Learning Leading to Understanding
- Creative Thinking
- Integrity and Moral Courage
- A Positive Sense of Self
- A Sense of Community
- An Appreciation of the World
Our Visionary Goals
- Provide the best possible learning environment for each student and member of staff
- Provide the best possible caring environment for each student and member of staff
- Craft an innovative learning experience for every student that encourages creative thinking in a collaborative, technology-rich environment
- Provide a rich and varied experience in the co-curriculum
- Develop leaders at all levels and in all facets of school life
- Be an influential, responsive and responsible member of a broader community
- Adopt a flexible and dynamic approach to enrolment and school structure
- Establish a culture in which Council, students and staff develop a belief in, and practise, ethical and morally courageous behaviour
- Promote spiritual exploration in an Anglican school
- Gather and utilise the best possible human, physical and financial resources for the creation of an ongoing teaching and learning community.