The Melbourne Grammar School Foundation was established in 1974. It is a board of selected members of the MGS community who actively encourage philanthropy to help preserve, develop and improve the standards, facilities and well being of the School.
The Foundation Board includes the Chairman of School Council, the Headmaster, the Director of Finance and Administration, the Director of Development and up to nine other members of the MGS community appointed by the School Council.
The key elements of the MGS Foundation Board are to:
- Promote a positive culture of giving and philanthropy in the wider MGS community
- Solicit gifts, bequests and other forms of financial assistance ethically and professionally
- Harness the potential of the MGS community by encouraging and enabling direct involvement in the advancement of the School
- Provide recognition and stewardship of our major donors as lifelong supporters of the School
- Maintain and strengthen a cooperative and effective working relationship between the Melbourne Grammar School Foundation, School Council and its sub-committees
- Promote the future advancement of the School through generational philanthropy
Becoming a member of the Grammar Foundation comes with several perks: you will receive School communications specifically for Foundation members, receive Grammar Foundation-specific event invitations and, depending on your member level, gain greater access to the School. Donating $5,000 (singularly or over time) to MGS automatically welcomes you to the MGS Foundation.
There are different tiers of membership, which progressively offer greater involvement and communications.
- Member: $5,000 - $14,999
- Senior Member: $15,000 – $24,999
- Fellow: $25,000 – $49,999
- Director: $50,000 – $99,999
- Patron: $100,000 – $249,999
Foundation Circle members
- Partner: $250,000 – $499,999
- Benefactor: $500,000 - $999,999
- Governor: $1m +
For more information about the Grammar Foundation, please contact Rachael Henshilwood, Development Director, on (03) 9865 7683.