Melbourne Grammar students have access to outstanding sporting grounds and facilities.
At Wadhurst, students make regular use of:
- Wadhurst Gymnasium: a large, well-equipped, indoor playing space within the Wadhurst campus designed to cater for indoor sports and other physical activities
- Strickland Physical Education Centre: includes a gymnasium with facilities for volleyball, basketball, badminton and table tennis; four outdoor tennis courts which can also be used for hockey practice, a weights training room and a full size indoor heated swimming pool.
- Three on-campus ovals: the Wadhurst Oval, the Steele Memorial Ground, and the Main Oval are leafy, well maintained locations used for sport training and competition, as well as for leisure activities during recess and lunchtime.
- Edwin Flack Park: our Port Melbourne sports ground includes a full-sized AFL football/cricket ground; a multi-purpose field suitable for soccer, rugby, cricket or AFL football; and a synthetic hockey pitch with space for nine tennis courts during summer. With garden beds filled with indignenous plants, the Park also provides a respite and natural pathway for local wildlife.
- Simon Fraser Memorial Boathouse: located on the banks of the Yarra River, our Boathouse has a proud history. The walls are covered with the names of the First VIII each season back to 1868, oars of Head of River winning crews hang from the ceiling, and the names of those that occupied their seat before them are etched onto the back of locker doors. Wadhurst students enter the School's rowing program in Year 8.
We also regularly utilise the facilities at nearby Faulkner Park and the Melbourne Sports and Aquatic Centre (MSAC) for training.
Sailing occurs on Port Philip Bay, with a base at Sandringham Yacht Club, and snowsports are undertaken at various venues during the snow season each year.